Would it change your life if you knew ...
- Why you are here—and why you are the way you are.
- Why your life matters—and why no part of you is an accident.
- Your role in the work that God is doing in the world
Here is the truth:
- You are not your own designer
- God designed your calling right into you in the form of gifts or “talents” that he’s given you
- Using these talents is simple—it’s a matter of manifesting the kingdom of God by manifesting God’s will and character through your gifts.
Hi. I'm Rachel Starr Thomson.
If you feel like "church" has never answered these questions for you ... you're not alone. For centuries we've been preaching a truncated gospel that doesn't answer the pivotal question of purpose.
The answer to this is the kingdom of God.
To put it in a nutshell: the kingdom of God is the direct, harmonious rule of God over every area of life, which brings the blessing and the life of God into every area of life. Every area. Including the arts, including culture, including work, including parenting, including your career or your business, including education, including YOU.
That’s what you’re called to do. It’s what you’re gifted to do. And it’s what you’re saved, and blessed, to do.
Introducing: "Your Kingdom Calling"
I started talking about this concept of personal calling almost by accident in early 2017, when I made a series of videos for my fiction readers that told my story. Those videos got nearly 3000 views, and to my surprise, people immediately and strongly connected with my story of rejecting my own gifts and thinking I could only “serve God” by being someone I wasn’t and doing things I couldn’t.
- How can I know my calling?
- Can I trust my desires, or is my heart lying to me?
- How can this gift—whatever it is, say painting, or writing stories, or changing diapers, or taking care of elderly parents—be service to God?
- How can this matter to the work of the gospel?
- And what about timing? Do callings ever change?
- They can move us from a place of constant frustration, shame, and apology for who we are and what we’re not to a place of understanding and embracing what God has designed and called us to do.
- They can move us from years of struggling with unworthiness, with unfulfilled desires, or of feelings of guilt toward our design and our own callings into a place of confidence, clarity, and joy.
- They can take us from being ineffective and double-minded in the way we live day by day to being intentional, effective, and fruitful—by being ourselves, and by being ourselves in direct connection with God’s kingdom and his big plan for us and for our world.
The same can absolutely be true for you too, and I pray that it will.
The "Your Kingdom Calling" Course
Whether you’re still struggling to identify your particular gifts and callings, whether you want more clarity on how to apply them in your situation—be that arts, work, ministry, relationship, whatever—or whether you want more insight on the Big Picture of the kingdom of God, the full Your Kingdom Course will help you find the clarity and confidence you’re looking for.
- Are my calling and identity the same thing? Am I a servant of God first—or a child of God?
- How do the arts fit into the gospel? Why did God make me creative?
- Just what is “ministry,” according to the Bible—and is God calling me into it?
- What’s the role of desire in all of this? Isn’t my heart desperately wicked and bound to lead me astray? How can I know what God wants me to do?
- How does WORK—the stuff I do all day every day, to build a career or a business or just to pay the bills, or to raise my kids and make a home—how does THIS fit into God’s big picture?
And here’s a hint: WORK is one of the MAJOR ways, maybe even THE major way, God is establishing his kingdom in this world! If you “just work a job”—well, get rid of that “just.” What you’re doing is an absolutely fundamental piece of the gospel of the kingdom, IF you understand how it fits and you’re intentional about using it for the kingdom.
Transformation Is Just Ahead!
We’ll dive into all of this in the full Your Kingdom Calling course ... and you're going to come out the other end with a totally transformed vision of the gospel and of your own life.
7 Video Lessons
The course itself includes 7 video lessons, ranging from 17 to 37 minutes each. They walk through the big picture of the kingdom from Genesis to Revelation and look at key concepts that will empower you to recognize and embrace your unique gifts and callings.
Each lesson also includes downloadable study sheets, which are designed to help you seek the kingdom of God, process what you’re learning together with the Holy Spirit, and pray your way through the material so you can get it on a heart level, not just a head level.
The course also includes downloadable audio files for each lesson, so you can take in the whole course in the format that works best for you—if you want to learn during your commute, or while you’re out for a jog or doing the dishes—one of my favourite times to take in new information—the audio files will allow you to do that.
To save you the need to take excessive notes, each lesson includes a downloadable transcript as well.
Bonus "Leap Video" Course Included
This bonus is built right into the course. It’s another whole series of videos, a course within the course, to help you break out of old, harmful ways of thinking and living and into new, kingdom-empowered ways of thinking and living. I’m calling them “leap videos” because they can help you make a leap in your thinking or your actions that will make a major difference to your life, all about finding, embracing, and walking out your calling within the kingdom of God.
Are You Ready for a Change?
If you’ve been stuck in shame, and uncertainty, and confusion about your role in the kingdom for years—this may be your opportunity to cross the line into a life of purpose and confident service.
I know this course isn’t right for everyone. But if this IS the path for you, I look forward to welcoming you to Your Kingdom Calling.
As soon as you enroll, you’ll get full access to the course, the bonus videos, and all the downloadable training materials.
The process to sign up is simple: just hit the “Enroll Now” button below this video, fill in your credit card information or use the PayPal option, and set up a username and password. My site is 100% secure and uses only high-security credit card processors.
If you’re ready to go deeper in discovering the kingdom and your place in it, in serving God with confidence and clarity—if this is the right thing at the right time for you, hit “Enroll Now,” and I’ll see you in the course.
90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Course membership comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee -- no questions asked.
4-Pay Option Available
Get the course for 4 monthly payments or a single, discounted payment
Secure checkout using credit card or PayPal
Who Is This For?
You might be wondering if this course is really for you. Do you have to be a total Bible study geek to make this work—the kind of person who just loves to spend hours pouring through concordances and Bible dictionaries?
No, you don't. The material does go deep. It’s NOT a surface-level treatment of the Scriptures, and chances are good you won’t have heard much of this stuff preached at church. But I've also worked hard to make it accessible and easy to understand.
You might also be wondering about the time commitment. Is this going to take HOURS that you don’t have every day?
The answer is no. The video lesson portion of the course ranges from 17 to 37 minutes each week, one video per week, and the study portion is designed so that you can do it in just 15 minutes a day if that’s all you have.
I realize we are ALL challenged for time, so my goal has been quality over quantity. I want you to be able to truly grasp these lessons and let them sink in and get integrated with your life, and in that respect, less is more.
Your Kingdom Calling will continue to grow and get better over time, and you will always get the updates and new material at no further charge.
It’s a living course for a lifetime of seeking God.